1. Complete the sentences using one of the following words. Use a/an where necessary
biscuit, coat, key, music, letter, sugar, moment, question, blood, electricity
1. Listen! Can you hear music?
2. I couldn’t get into the house because I didn’t have a key
3. It’s very warm today .Why are you wearing a coat?
4. Do you take sugar in your coffee?
5. Are you hungry? Would you like a biscuitwith your coffee?
6. I didn’t phone them. I wrote a letter instead.
7. Excuse me, but can I ask you a question?
8. I’m not ready yet. Can you wait a moment, please?
9.Our lives would be very difficult without electricity.
10.The heart pumps blood through the body.
2. Who were the people?
1.Beethoven? He was a composer.
2.Shakespeare? He was an English poet, playwright, and actor.
3.Albert Einstein? Albert Einstein was a German mathematician and physicist.
4.Washington? Lincoln? John Kennedy? They were American political leaders.
5.Marilyn Monroe? She was an actor and singer.
6.Elvis Presley? John Lennon? They were singers.
7.Van Gogh? Renoir? Gauguin? They were painters.
3. Put a/an or some where necessary.If no word is necessary, leave the space empty (-).
1) I have seen some good films recently.
2) What’s wrong with you? Have you got aheadache.
3) I know a lot of people. Most of them are _ students.
4) When I was a child, I used to be very shy.
5) Would you like to be an actor?
6) Do you collect _ stamps?
7) What a beautiful garden.
8) It’s a pity we haven’t got a camera. I’d like to take a photo of that house.
9) Those are _ nice shoes.Where did you get them?
10) I’m going shopping. I want to buy _ new shoes.
11) You need a visa to visit some countries, but not all of them.
12) Jane is a teacher. Her parents were _ teachers too.